BS464 Wire Rope Thimble
BS 464 wire rope thimble is made from high tensile carbon steel, and manufactured to a standard EN13411-1 and the withdrawn standard BS464.Meets the performance requirements of Federal Specification FF-T-276b Type III and EN13411-1:2002.
Hilifting BS464 heavy duty steel thimble are used to protect the rope eyelet against pinching and abrading and greatly extend its working life with the reinforce loop eye with more strength, sturdiness, and crush resistance.
Material: High Tensile Steel
Surface: Hot Dipped Galvanized
Size: From 8mm to 70mm
Standard: British Type
Application: Overhead Lifting, Lashing, Towing
|MOQ||1 Pallet, 1 Ton or 3000USD|
|Material||High Tensile Carbon Steel|
|Surface finish||Hot Dipped Galvanized|
|Sizes||From 8mm to 70mm|
|Standard||EN13411-1 and the withdrawn standard BS464|
- Heavy duty rope thimbles are hot dip galvanized, which can create thicker coating than light duty thimbles, see our post on Surface Finish: 4 Common Types You Should Know
- Wire rope thimble HS Code: 732690
BS464 Steel Cable Thimble Packing:
How to use wire rope thimble?
- To know the right rope thimble size to the cable, for example when you are using 1/2″ uncoated rope cable, use a 1/2″ wire rope thimble.
- Make sure that the cable thimbles size properly and securely fastened in the eye of the loop, not too loose or too tighten, so they can create an extra layer of support to connect with other properly sized rigging fittings.
- While you are using a vinyl coated cable, you should multiply the actual size of the cable, usually use a larger size thimble than normal, for the actual diameter is the thickness of the vinyl coating plus the inside wire rope diameter. For example, if you are using a 5/16″ vinyl coated cable that is coated to 3/8″ diameter, you’d want to use a 3/8″ wire rope thimble.
- Check out this article about The Complete Guide To Wire Rope Thimble.
Shipping and Payment Term:
- We generally ship cargos worldwide by sea. The goods will be in a shipping container when arriving at the port. You are responsible for picking up your shipment and customs clearance on your side.
- We do accept small, urgent orders that need to be shipped by air.
- We currently accept T/T & L/C.
- Please contact us if you have any questions about shipping or payment, we will be happy to assist you.
BS464 wire rope thimble dimensions is from 8mm to 70mm, meets or exceeds the performance requirements of EN13411-1 and the withdrawn standard BS464.
|Part No.||Diameter Rope (mm.)||Weight 100PCS (kgs.)||Dimensions(mm.)|